Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sparkles, Glitter, and Sequins - Oh My!

Long time, no blog! I've been super-busy the past few months (most important of all, I got married in September!) I know things will get crazy again for the holidays, but I do want to make a bigger and better effort to start blogging again!

I'm so glad that sequins, glitter, and all things sparkly are "in" right now. I think embellished items are so fun, and they can liven up an otherwise "meh" outfit. Recently, I picked up a pair of glitter flats at Payless for less than $20(!), reminiscent of these Steve Madden Heaven flats I've had my eyes on for months.
Steve Madden Heaven flats, $45.99 (often marked down for less) at 6pm.com

I've put a sequins scarf on my holiday wishlist. Here in Upstate NY, it's usually cold enough to wear hats, scarves, and gloves from the beginning of November to the end of March. It gets old after awhile, so a sequins scarf will definitely help to brighten things up and dress up even the simplest of wool winter coats. Some are light enough to wear with an everyday outfit!
Candie's Sequin Knit Scarf, on sale for $16.80 at Kohl's 

Allover Sequin Loop Scarf, $39.90 at Express

Sequin Embellished Scarf, $19.95 at NY&Co.

It seems like every nail polish brand has at least one glitter polish in their holiday collection/s, while some have put out an entire collection of glitters (think Wet n Wild Ice Baby, Zoya Gems, and China Glaze Eye Candy.) I'm lovin' the trend. Here are a few of my favorites.
Milani Purple Gleam

Nicole by OPI Disco Dolls

China Glaze Marry a Millionaire

Zoya Kissy

While it might seem like a daunting task, removing glitter polish isn't as bad as you think. Dip a cotton ball in polish remover and place it on your nail (I've heard the process is easier if you use 100% acetone, but I just use regular old polish remover), take a piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around your finger to keep the cotton ball in place, leave it on for a few minutes, wipe, and the polish should come off in one swoop!


What are your favorite sparkly things for the holiday season?

7 comments:

  1. love the sparkling effect...but most of all I like your blog title!

    check out my new post : www.FashionThroughMyLens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the things I love! Sparkles and Glitter and of course sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only sparkly thing so far is a beautiful Dries van Noten scarf that also doubles as a belt. It was a present and I adore it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm personally a big fan of andallthingsgirly blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete