Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Healthy Lifestyle Change" Day 1 = Great Success

I promise I won't bore you with everyday updates about my "diet" and fitness accomplishments, but I thought I would share what I completed yesterday, because I was very proud of my first day back in the swing of things!
I started with 30 minutes on the treadmill - 5 minute intervals of varying speeds and inclines. After that, I moved over to the recumbent bike, where I did 20 minutes; I really like the recumbent bike, because I can definitely feel it in my legs when I'm done, and they just happen to be one of my serious "trouble spots". Finally, I worked my upper body and did some bicep, tricep, chest, and back exercises - I ain't gonna lie, I have flabby arms, and I want to tone them up for the "big day"!
Also, I ate much healthier than what's become a trend for me. There is only one dining hall open here this summer (I work at a local university), and healthy and vegetarian (even pescetarian) choices are VERY slim... I turned to Panda Express, grilled cheese, or cheese pizza almost every day. Yesterday, I had some French Onion soup (ridiculously salty, unfortunately) and a salad. The salad bar is pretty good, but I'm over the dressings they offer. As I mentioned in a previous post, I will probably end up bringing my lunch from now on, and I'll probably bring a bottle of dressing and just stick it in the fridge upstairs.

In technology news, I'm trying to figure out how to get my Couch to 5k app moved over from my old iPhone to my new one; I'm sure there's a way in iTunes, but my old iPhone is on its last legs, and my laptop is pretty crappy, too. I never got serious with the program, but I'm determined to this time around. I've never been a runner (in school gym class, I was always the one who came in last place for the mile run, wah.)

I don't really use the iPod on my iPhone much, aside from when I'm at the gym, so my song list consists of almost entirely workout music. Here are a few songs I enjoy listening to when I'm exercising:
Phoenix - 1901
Muse - Uprising
MGMT - Kids
Alice in Chains - Again
Lady Gaga - Telephone, Judas, Born this Way
Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway
Metric - Monster Hospital (MSTRKRFT Remix)
Metallica - Don't Tread on Me
Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin'
Pendulum - Propane Nightmares

Quite a variety. What are your favorite workout tunes?

Finally, a post from me wouldn't be complete without something fashion-related, so here's something that I've recently been obsessing over: pink shorts. I'm hoping that tonight's trip to the outlet mall will fare me well and I will find a pair.

5" Chino Shorts in Shocking Pink, $42.50 at J.Crew

2 comments:

  1. I adore J.Crew's 5 inch chino shorts. I have them in light pink, but the hot pink ones look even more amazing!! Check out the outlets too, I've gotten pairs there in the past (I've seriously had 6 pairs of these shorts- obsessed.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I need to get back into my fitness routine! I seem to waver between super nonchalant and overly-enthusiastic...a nice medium would be nice. :) Maybe then it could just become part of my routine and not something I have to think about too much.

    Oh...and I LOVE those pink shorts!

    By the way, I have a John Frieda giveaway going on right now. If you're interested in entering, just click here!

    Also, I'm leaving for vacation this weekend, and I'm giving people a chance to be featured on my blog while I'm gone. You can find out more information here.

    Have a great day!

    Jessica Marie
    Splendiferous Inclinations

    ReplyDelete